Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Lego robots and machines

Student Work



Student work
 First grade students created a second project from their printing unit today.  Last week they experimented with mono prints and this week they used legos to print robots or machines.I pulled out regular stamp pads for this project but I think I'd rather find some craft stamps for the next time I teach this.  Students began by experimenting with the legos on a small sheet of paper to discover what different shapes would result from the printing.  They were encouraged to experiment with each piece of lego printing the tops, bottoms sides, etc.  After about five minutes of experimental play, a 9 x 12 piece of paper was used to create a printed robot or machine.  Here are some of my favorites from just one of the classes this week.  Interestingly, most of them were completed by the boys. 
Student Work



  


No comments:

Post a Comment