Saturday, June 2, 2018

Recycled Robots

3rd grade creation
So I took on a 2nd grade/3rd grade Art Club for the month of May.  Not a lot can be accomplished in four short sessions so I focused on something I could not do in a regular classroom setting without a great deal of planning and hoarding.  I decided to turn to recycled materials.   For weeks I searched and hoarded things from home and the art room in preparation for the project.  Old glue stick containers - check, paint brush handles with no brush - check, pencil nubs - check, mint containers saved and begged - check.  The list could go on.  I made a quick trip to the Dollar Tree for some unusual miscellaneous things to add to the growing pile and then allowed the group to pick, chose and create.  I was excited to find small bottles of Tacky glue at the Dollar Tree as well that were used to assemble everything.   One can of silver spray paint was purchased to applied once the bot was created.  (20 robots - one can of spray paint)  Finally the feathers, googly eyes, buttons, and chenille sticks came out to add embellishments.  And yes, this is not my original idea...I saw it somewhere and just ran with the idea.  So here are a few of the finished masterpieces.  Really proud of these kiddos and so thankful to the staff that they pitched in to find the recycled materials!


3rd grade

very creative 2nd grader

3rd grader

3rd grader

3rd grader

2nd grade

2nd grade
2nd grade

1 comment:

  1. First... these are adorable.

    Second... Thanks for joining the #ATCswap again. There is a limit to the number of cards you can send... 200. That is when I typically see the cost of the shipping increase... There is an option for a second 'license' we'll call it. This way the there are a few more $ to send more cards. I typically keep inside this number with my own school by only focusing this trade with one grade level. If you have more questions, please write me at Nicholechahn@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete