Saturday, June 2, 2018

Metal Tooling - two different ways to managed the medium

3rd grade Worked, textured and inked
If you don't follow There' a Dragon in my Art Room you really need to.  Phyl is a retired Art teacher from upstate New York.  Lots of experience shows in every one of her post and even an old timer like me can learn from her.  I saw her recent post on Metal tooling and knew I had something to learn.  Now I have done tooling with my elementary students for years but Phyl's ideas encouraged me to take my lesson in a new way.  Here are some images of my student's work this year and I've also added some from the way I have utilized the material in the past.  Both ways work well and I encourage you to investigate both if you haven't already added this medium to your art room.

3rd grade: Worked, textured and inked

3rd Grade: Worked, textured and inked

3rd grade: worked , textured and inked
4th grade: worked and colored with Sharpies
4th grade: worked and colored with Sharpies
4th grade: Metal worked and colored with Sharpies
4th grade: worked and colored with Sharpies





No comments:

Post a Comment