Thursday, January 30, 2020

Big Cardboard Birds

Over the years I have found so many great ideas on the Krokotak blog and the Big Cardboard Birds was a recent one.  I am planning a early spring Artome' Art Show with the theme of Birds.   My fourth grade students have finished their framed art and they are doing the Big Birds for wall decor as a collaborate work.  I pre-cut all the cardboard shapes and each child painted a section with fluorescent tempera paint.  Each student could make their own decisions about color and pattern.  We reference the work of Romero Britto and his patterns and bold colors to guide the work.  When completed, each student had input on how their piece would be assembled.  They are so proud.  Only one class has completed the bird but I will add photos of the others as they are finished.  Complements were generous all day long from all the younger students.
Size is about 3 feet by 3 1/2 feet


No comments:

Post a Comment