Saturday, May 24, 2014

Fourth grade connections with Writing and Art





Voices of children
Whir of wings
Bright with the sheen of the dew
Flashed like the plane-tree
Beautiful





Under the stairs
In the coat cupboard
Hiding place
I can't wait to tell







Pop
Bushes cracked
Frightful
I was terrified
Just wait
I heard another shot






These are some recent works by fourth grade students.  I had scrounged some old book discards from the school library and approached the writing teacher and asked her to collaborate with me on this project.  She worked with students to create the emotion poems.  In the art room we discuss how they might illustrate the feelings and the artwork happened with me.  I've been extremely impressed by many of these and would really love to share them all!  You can check out additional postings here and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment