Friday, March 8, 2013

Some Finished Clay!




Bowls, cupcakes, animals and Mustache?!
I have finally begun the glaze firing process in the clay unit.   The clay building seems to have taken an eternity this year.  Its been a long winter.  So here are a few of the first pieces to be totally completed.  They are all from the after school program.  I had to push them through first since the Art Show is on Thursday.  I'll try to post some pictures of the show next week.  Opening the kiln after a glaze firing is the highlight of my job.   I feel like a kid on Christmas morning.  It is so exciting to see the completed shiny pieces and I am always thrilled by what my students have created.  There will be more sharing as the weeks continue.  Over 600 pieces to be fired so stay tuned!

Plates and tiles
Misc creatures, trees and pizza!
The finished Pick and Draw heads
Vases from the ideas of Mrs. Carter at Its Art Day

1 comment: