Tuesday, February 26, 2013

More Dr. Seuss


Here is a project idea that I borrowed from Art Projects for Kids.  She recently re-posted this Cat in the Hat image to share again this year.  Here is what I did with it.  My 1st graders completed the picture by giving the cat a Mondrian styled hat and 3rd graders used a Picasso theme for their hat.  Fourth graders were studying Keith Haring so completed the image in Haring style and 5th graders used their knowledge of Jim Dine to complete their pictures.   These were very successful and a lot of fun for the students as they were already studying the artist we used.  Here is also an image of a Dine by one of my 5th grade students this week.   I posted a multi grade bulletin board last year with works from all the artist styles.  Definitely one of my favorite bulletin boards. 

No comments:

Post a Comment