Saturday, January 26, 2019

Planning for a new Art Club Project

Back in the summer I ordered way too many packages of white buttons from NAEIR.  I had plans for some cute little snowmen pins for the Art Club to make for their teachers for the holidays.  I think only one of my 10 art-clubbers was into the idea and I have way too many white buttons left over for any human being to own.  So what does one do when faced with this dilemma?  Well of course, you hit up Pinterest for some ideas!!!  I found quite a few ideas but am going to try to shoot this one to the group for approval and hopefully use up a lot of those buttons.   Here are some visual steps for how we are going to put this together








Gather up some supplies.  This is a paint medium that I will use to glue the paper on the canvas panel.  The paper was smaller than the canvas so I plan to tear it into organic/free-form shapes and glue those down for the background.























Acrylic medium underneath the papers and then again on top.  It goes down opaque but dries clear.









It won't need to dry long so while I waited; I pre-arranged how I hoped the buttons would puzzle together to form the heart.  My plans were to avoid any type of symmetry but once I began to place the buttons I soon discovered that symmetry was the best approach.  I grabbed some glue that was handy to put them down but plan to use Tacky Glue for the students to use for the final step.  I'm considering a ribbon glued to the top of the heart or some well placed stenciled or cut out letters.  I guess, students could even use sharpies to add a personal message.  Hopefully, this will be a win!!

No comments:

Post a Comment