Saturday, May 7, 2016

The Sun will shine in the Fiesta Gallery

 In just a few weeks, I will be setting up student works for the Fiesta Art Gallery.  Students in grade K - 4 have been exploring the artist culture of Mexico and creating art for the exhibit.  It will be held in conjunction with the Fiesta dinner and dance at one of my schools.   I am especially pleased with the results of 4th grades student's work with art foil.  I created a simple template for the sun and students were encourage to adapt and make it their own as they created Mexican Suns.  They had spent some time viewing examples of the use of the sun in Mexican arts and crafts prior to beginning their own work.  After working the foil to give it the dimensional qualities, they added color using sharpie markers.  I'll post works from other grades to share their projects as they are completed.








No comments:

Post a Comment