Sunday, November 8, 2015

Classroom Hacks

I had a blast presenting at the Massachusetts Fall Conference yesterday.  We were assigned the 9 am slot which was great, got over the nervous butterflies first thing in the morning and was able to enjoy the rest of the day.  I can't believe I didn't think to take a single picture of our set up.  The tables looked great, if I do say so myself, and it would have been a great way to share with you all.  But I never took my iPad out.  For this morning, before I head back out to the conference, I will share one of my hacks with you.  I have had weaving on the brain this fall.  I think it is because I have been researching floor looms and especially the Friendly Loom to purchase for my classroom.  I like the idea of the Popsicle stick looms that you see on Pinterest but I wanted to make something a bit larger.  I must have been mulling it over in my sleep because I woke up last weekend with the idea to make the old Popsicle loom but using paint stirrers. 
I used 6 stirrers with two on each side to reinforce the rectangular shape.  Warp your loom with an odd number and start to weave!  The needle was cut out of the lid of a plastic container, no chance of someone getting stabbed and they won't break.  Happy weaving everyone; I can't wait to do this with my kiddos in the Art Club in a few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment