Sunday, May 19, 2019

Coil project for Kindergarten

Kindergarten clay snails
Hot glue was used to secure the pipe cleaner and eyes into place
I am totally in love with these with clay coil snails.  I must admit, this is not my original idea and I have no idea where I first spotted it or who I "borrowed" it from.  But kuddos to them because this was a slam dunk project.   My kinders created two coils to form the snails.  One is for the base and head the other is for the body.  After they went through the kiln for a bisque firing, they were completed with liquid watercolors, a pipe cleaner and some googly eyes.  Two class periods for completion but super easy and a great way to experience the process to make a coil.  This will definitely be a repeat lesson.

I used a straw to put holes in the head for the placement
of the pipe cleaners prior to firing



students twisted their own pipe learners.  Some were
more savvy at this than others.

No comments:

Post a Comment