Monday, July 15, 2013

What I've been keeping busy with.....

the process
This mess is the product of some creative jewelry making that Kaileigh and I got into this past week.   One of my good friends was celebrating a birthday and I wanted something original to give her as a gift.  I had been surfing a few blogs and discovered a tape transfer process at the blog Balzer Designs.  Click on Holiday Handmade for her video tutorial. It is really an amazing process using colored photocopies and packaging tape to create a clear transfer of the photo.  We then mounted them on a plastic shape called a fragment, finished the edges with foil tape and added jewelry fittings to create earrings and necklaces.   Kaileigh has gotten so into the process that she is still creating with hopes of selling her pieces at a craft fair this weekend.   Here are a few more photos.
Some of our creations
Some work from Kaileigh's original photos
The big one is fireworks from the 4th!


This was the finished gift for my friend
I really loved working with the foil tape.  We cut it into thin strips for use on the jewelry fragments.  We found it at the hardware store and it comes on a roll that is about 2" wide.  I'm trying to discover other ways to use it.  It can be embossed like the Art Foil we used at school and colored with permanent inks and sharpies.  I'm in the process of covering a globe with it.  I'll post a photo when it is finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment