First, I am to answer the questions she posed for me and then I will nominate worthy recipients as well. So here, goes
- Who do you most admire and why? This will sound kitschy but I have to say my Mom. She is brilliant but in her day, the opportunity to go to college just wasn't there for her. Despite many hardships, she managed to create a fabulous career for herself, retired comfortably and influenced the lives of three highly educated daughter. She is extremely brave!
- If you could visit outer space, what would you wear? I would want to be comfortable and warm. At this time in my life, it's all about comfort!
- If someone wrote a country song about you, what would be the title or a line from it? It's a strong facade.
- What's your favorite car that you've owned? I drove a white Ford Windstar for 10 years and never had any trouble with it. It was a great workhorse car.
- What was your first paying job? I worked Saturdays at a Dry Cleaning Business when I was 15. It was quiet and I had time to read and do homework when there weren't any customers.
- Who's your favorite cartoon character? Garfield with the Peanuts characters right behind
- What's your best childhood memory? Creative time with my Mom and younger sister. We would cut paper dolls from our Sears catalogs and make them furniture from wallpaper books.
- Are you a gum-chewer, a mint-sucker or something/nothing else? Nothing
- Letterman or Leno? Neither, I turn into a pumpkin about 9:30 p.m.
- Where do you see yourself in 15 years? I hope retired and working happily away in my own pottery studio out in the backyard.
- What's the best thing about your job? The kids, hands down.Random Facts about me:I've been a owner of two business in the middle of my teaching careerI am a lifetime Girl ScoutMy biggest vice is dark chocolateMy second job is face paintingI married a clown, literallyI'll always be a Southern Girl in spiritI always wanted to be an archaeologistI'd like to have a beautiful garden but am a little clueless, I tryI live with a hedgehog, but not by choiceI was in one of the test groups for Ken Cooper's jogging programs in the 70'sI had an article published in a trade magazine in the 80's
Questions for my nominees:1. What is your favorite activity for your down time?2. What one thing is most important to your personal success?3. If you could make one wish and have it come true, what would it be for?4. Why did you decide to be a blogger?5. What do you do for yourself to nourish your creativity?6. What is the hardest thing about your job?7. What is your simple pleasure?8. What one person most influenced your life choices?9. What makes you most proud in your life?10.What would make it feel like you had felt ultimate success or has that already happened and why?11.What is your favorite project to do with your students?My nominees:www.talesfromthetravelingartteacher.blogspot.comHeidi O'Hanleywww.anartteachersfairyteal.blogspot.com Katherine Ludlowwww.rainbowskiesanddragonflies.blogspot.com Mrs. C.www.artwithmsk.com Mollie Katzinwww.itisartday.blogspot.com Mrs. CarterAnd here are the steps to accept your award:1. Link back to the blog that nominated you2. Answer the questions posted for you by your nominator.3. Share 11 random facts about yourself.4. Create 11 questions for your nominees.5. Nominate 5-11 blogs with fewer than 200 followers.6. Contact your nominees and let them know that you have nominated them
Everyone else reading this post, check out these terrific blogs. I have been following them for awhile and I know you will enjoy following them as well!