I've been watching the snow fall outside all morning and decided to cut a few flakes of my own. I left all of my wonderfully prepared rectangles at school so dug out some old coffee filters to make these flakes. The folding proceedures I used were the same and the coffee filters have a weight similar to tissue paper. I flattened the filter, folded and started to cut. I love the ability to surprise myself with random cuts as well as the ability to plan my cuts for a preconcieved flake design. There are lots of sites on the internet for flake cutting instructions. I prefer to fold the paper in half then into thirds and a final half fold prior to cutting. I found a wonderful page describing this proceedure which included how to incorporate the protractor into the process for precise measuring on the site There's a Dragon in my Art Room. The project is "A Proper Snowflake". Here are some of my flakes and also some pictures of the natural stuff outside!