Monday, September 5, 2016

Back to School....It's International Dot Day!

My sample to test the instructions
Back to school time and I am testing project ideas for International Dot Day.  For anyone who doesn't know what that is you can find the information HERE.  Dot Day is official September 15th but we celebrate Dot-ish day and recognize it all month.  My students always start out the year with a Dot Day project.  It's a great way to "get the ball rolling", or dot, so to speak.  I found this great idea on Cassie Stephen's blog.  You can find it HERE and knew it was something I wanted to try with my students.  Her video is pretty awesome as well.  I can't wait to play it for my students when we begin the project next week.  My focus will be on an Asymmetrical composition and we will talk about the texture.
Here is my Dot Day rundown by grade:
5th Mandalas
4th Emoji
3rd Symmetry
2nd Asymmetry
1st Color Wheel dots
I'll be sure to post the finished results for all!

No comments:

Post a Comment