Thursday, June 23, 2016

It's that time of the year.....Summer!!!

When the doors at school are locked and there are no classes going on, I switch to my summer blog:
My Students have art on their hands, too to post project ideas that are easy to do at home during those summer weeks.   Today marks the official first day of summer vacation for me.  I just finished a few days of Professional Development and have no plans of going into either of my school buildings again until late August.  Every year I pledge to post one new post a week on the other website: My students have art on their hands, too!  Most summers I fall a bit short in my goals but today I am off to a good start with my first post.  It might be a bit of a cheat because it is not a great project idea from me.  Instead it is the announcement from Carla Sonheim that she will be running a free Art week in late July, the 25th - 29th to be exact.  Here is the Class Itinerary


Lesson 1Paul Klee Name Paintings (Crayon & Watercolor)Lesson 2Dubuffet Figures (Crayon & Watercolor)Lesson 3Motherwell Paper Bag Collages (Collage)Lesson 4Hundertwasser Houses (Markers)Lesson 5Picasso Dogs (Collage & Crayon)

So jump on over to my other blog:  My students have art on their hands too! and check out the posting that included the link to jump over to Carla's site.  I've taken classes through her site before and highly recommend the experience.  

As far as my posting this summer...I promise to try really hard to do my best!!  Happy Vacation!




No comments:

Post a Comment