Saturday, October 10, 2015

Kindergarten with Reggio Emilio

I have to be honest, I don't really understand the attraction to a light box.  When  taking an AOE class this past summer, my research often referenced the light box.  I knew I didn't have the funds to invest in a retail model so I went to pinterest in search of a DIY one and put one together a few weeks ago at minimum cost.  This week I introduced it to Kindergarten classes and sat back to observe the process.  It really is a mystery to me, the attraction to the light.  But, my students took right to it.  I even had to put it away in one class because they weren't yet ready to share.  I was able to gather up some cast off colored disk and teddie bears from a retiring teacher last spring that I supplied for the students to use for manipulative s.  I also cut some animal shapes out of colored transparent dividers.  Here are some photos of my students at work.  Can anyone share their personal expertise or experiences to help me utilize the light box better?  For now, I'm just letting students freely experiment and create in the Reggio style.  Please...comments!




No comments:

Post a Comment