Saturday, May 2, 2015

Lego Architect

Lego just might be the "building blocks" for a future in the arts.  Check out this video showcasing the Lego collection of a Seattle Architect.  He still builds some pretty amazing things with Legos as well as designing the real thing.   I have used Lego in the classroom for printmaking but don't have any available for building.  The main reason is I don't want to be picking them up off of the floor.  I am wondering if I shouldn't stop into some tag sales this summer and see if I can't pick up some discarded sets for next year.  Maybe I have a future Architect in one of my elementary classes.  I do have wooden blocks in my classroom that are appealing to both the boys and the girls.  They have access to them on free art days although they could also be used for stations.  Does any one use Legos or blocks for your curriculum?  Share out if you do!

No comments:

Post a Comment