Monday, September 2, 2013

Class list and more

I just finished creating my class list for the year.  Of course, they will change but at least I have them created in the computer.  It is easy enough to make adjustments once the class list are made.  It took several hours longer but I also created photo class list.   With over 600 students, there are always one or two students that I just can't seem to get their names to stick in my brain.  We use powerschool in our district and on the child's schedule page, there is a copy of last year's school photo.  I copied those photos onto a class master list, alphabetically, that will go behind my seating chart.  One copy for my attendance binder and one copy for my sub folder. I know when I was a sub, photos of students would have been so beneficial.  So now I have a "cheat sheet" for those brain dead times when I just can't seem to come up with a name to match a face and my subs will totally avoid those pranksters that claim a different name when you are absent.  I also shared the photo class list with the other teachers in my building.  Most recess responsibilities are covered by the Paras who most often do not know all of the students.  Hopefully, the list will be useful for that purpose as well. I haven't decided if I will add photos to my seating chart because I do move students around, but that is another option for quick student identification.

Here is my seating chart diagram, one for each school.  I add a color to the center once the tables have been arranged.
 























Grade: ‑___________________________
Day of Week _______________________
Classroom Teacher __________________                                                                           2013 - 2014

========================================================================
 





















Grade ________________________
Day of Week ___________________
                                                                                                        Classroom Teacher______________

                                                                                                          2013-2014

                                                                                                                      

No comments:

Post a Comment