Thursday, August 15, 2013

Final night of class

I previously shared with you that I was taking a class on writing and illustrating children's picture books this summer. Tonight is the last class and I'm shocked that it is over.  It's been a rocky few weeks for me.  Week two I was so frustrated that I was ready to call it quits.  My all wise and wonderful daughter sternly reminded me that I would not allow my students to get away with quitting and put me back on track.  She is right.   "I can't" is a bad word in the art room.  I am sharing with you the tentative cover of my book.  This is a dummy book.   All the illustrations are in pencil at this point with the words written on the pages by hand.  I have pulled two of my illustrations and added color using Photo Shop.  It is a very tedious process for me, I'm not very fluent in  the program.  I'm not sure if I will continue with photo shop for color or turn to watercolor.  My plans are to finish a copy of the book to share with my students and then make a few photo copies as well.  I have learned a lot and hope to put together a unit on picture book writing for 5th grade students this year.    So, off to class tonight to meet with an author/illustrator, Emily Arnold McCully for the final critique!

2 comments:

  1. Hi--I enjoy your blog, so I nominated you for a Liebster Award. Please visit my blog at http://onehappyartteacher.blogspot.com to see what to do next.
    --Aimee

    ReplyDelete