The photo is not the greatest because the light from my camera bounces off of the metal finish. You can sort of get an idea of what it looks like. I couldn't sit still while I muddled over what to do next with this so I set it aside to conquer more objects with the tape. I had taken apart some books for a previous project with some 4th grade students in the spring and ever the pack rat, kept the covers. After selecting one from the pile in the basement, I took out the tape and got to work. I taped and inked the cover before adding a string to the book to tie it closed and the inside pages made from drawing paper (9 x 12) folded in half. I wanted to embellish the outside a bit so added some features I had purchased at the craft store in the upper right corner and a tag and lady bug created using a sizzix dye and more foil tape. Here are those photos.
My last project for the day, I was starving and had worked right through lunch, was a small Whitman's candy tin I found in the basement from many Valentine's ago. I covered the top and then embossed the metal with overlapping shapes. This was a very similar project to the coins I have done with 3rd grade classes. I used sharpies to color in portions of the shapes and added texture to other areas. I discovered that a fine line sharpie could be used for color and texture at the same time. I don't think I'm through with my search for things to add Tin Foil Tape to. I'll keep you posted as I keep creating!