Sunday, December 30, 2012

See My Candle Burning

I usually do a quick shapes assignments right before holiday break with my 1st grade students.   We generally talk about the shapes needed to create this drawing and then follow along to create the basic candle in the holder.  Students complete the composition by personalizing the drawing with what they might see outside of the window.   This year I ordered Scratch Art Scratch Lite paper and decided to use it to create the drawings. Follow this link to find the paper: Scratch Lite at Dick Blick  The kids were totally enchanted by the results and so excited to take their stain glass art home to hang on a window as a holiday decoration. Some students "colored in" the candle and the flame to add more contrast.   I most definitely will order this in for use with this project next year.   Now I am brainstorming other ways to incorporate this paper into my other lessons.

No comments:

Post a Comment